The Dance School of Scotland is Scotland’s only fully funded Centre of Excellence for vocational dance and musical theater training. The School, which is funded by The Scottish Government, is incorporated into Knightswood Secondary School in the West End of Glasgow.
Dance and Musical Theatre professionals provide expert teaching and training within the school’s impressive facilities. Entry to the school is by audition, with entry to the Dance course in S1, entry to the Preparatory Theater course in S3 and entry to the Musical Theatre course in S5. Additionally, there is a one-year Musical Theatre course with entry at S6.
Students not only receive specialist tuition but also take part in the curriculum of the Secondary School. The schools provide a unique blend, where the young people have the opportunity to fulfil their performance potential while developing a strong academic education.
Our facilities, tuition and standards are all outstanding and as we are fully funded, entry to the school is free. The school has developed a national and international reputation and many of today’s top performers in Dance and Musical Theatre are former students.
The Dance School of Scotland accepts applications by young people from all over Scotland. For students who are unable to travel from home, we operate our own residence, which is located on the Knightswood campus. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept applications from young people who do not reside in Scotland.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about the school.
- Full academic curriculum provided at Knightswood Secondary School.
- 1 ½ hour specialist dance or musical theatre tuition daily during school hours.
- Up to an additional 2 ½ hours dance or musical theatre classes after school Mon – Fri.
- Residential accommodation provided on-site (if necessary).
- Dance Course entry S1 – S5.
- Musical Theatre entry S3 (Preparatory Theatre Course), S5 and S6.
- State of the art facilities including, 6 fully equipped dance studios, drama studio, gyrotonics, physiotherapy and music rooms.
- No tuition fees: Fully funded by the Scottish Government to young people residing in Scotland.
For a more comprehensive overview, please visit the curriculum section under Dance or Musical Theatre.